Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Demand Punishment

It's been a day since I heard about yesterday's attacks in Egypt and Libya. I am STILL royally ticked off about them, especially the latter (not to understate the wonders worked on my blood pressure by the video of Egyptian protesters ripping up an American flag--GET YOUR HANDS OFF THAT SACRED CLOTH!).

The most basic, fundamental duty of a country is to protect its citizens! I've warned many times that the more extraneous duties a country takes on that it's NOT supposed to be doing, the less capacity it has to fulfill the most basic and IMPORTANT duties it is morally obligated to fulfill! The Obama administration has been so busy worrying about forcing Americans to purchase services from third-party providers and retarding economic growth that they find it hard to PROVIDE FOR THE COMMON DEFENSE it would seem! (Does that particular choice of words sound familiar? It doesn't to some people in the White House!)

What am I talking about? Justice for the four dead American citizens! (Does the title mean NOTHING anymore?) Punishment against those who perpetrated this atrocity! What kind of message do you want to send out to the evil people of the world? That they can attack American citizens abroad or stateside without having the might and fury of more than three hundred million freedom-loving Americans channeled through their armed forces bearing down on them imminently?

When did it occur to us to fight fire with gasoline? You fight fire with a big honkin' hose that pounds water out so fast it'll decapitate these fiends. You punish them--every last one of them. You kill them if that is what the act merits.

But Elliott, you point out, This act was done by a mob. It's virtually impossible to track down all the guilty parties while sparing the innocent! Good point. In cases of mobs, such as this, it might be more prudent to drop warning leaflets on the city giving its people time to evacuate, and then to proceed to knock it so far into the earth with explosives that they can have communal Fourth of July barbecues with Atlantis. (Atlantis messed with America once. They ain't done it again, notice.)  Maybe, that way, the next time Libyans see an anti-American mob forming and coalescing around an American structure, an anti-mob might decide they prefer to keep their homes and lives than to participate in desecrating Americans and American property. After all, Germany fought again after the relatively light-handed treatment from World War I followed by the ridiculous reparations. They haven't even entered a war, let alone started one, since World War II, when we turned their production capacity into a picnic basket and made every single citizen regret opening up the conflict.


Many cry that the reason these things happen is because we have meddled too much in foreign affairs in the past. There is some truth to that, albeit not entirely; however, I am unwilling to allow present citizens to be killed because of past mistakes of statesmen since dead. (People who make that kind of argument generally disregard the presence of mass evil abroad altogether as a potential threat anyway, which discredits them in my eyes.) I am unwilling to allow the blood of any American citizen to go without swift and total vengeful justice.

It was once said (I am currently unable to find the exact quote) that when opening up a war, one must be very careful, for when one shoots one man, that man's father, brothers, sons, grandmothers, mothers, sisters, etc. become enemies, when before they were not. This is true in the war against radical Muslims. This is,however, absolutely NOT a valid reason not to fight it! Rather than cowering in the face of the dirty deed to be done, let us remember the cost of freedom and let us chastise our government for not fulfilling its FIRST AND FOREMOST DUTY. We must outlast the enemy. This is the way to win every war. I pray to God that we not decide halfway through (or even before truly starting) that freedom isn't worth the fight.

What in particular is my umbrage with President Obama? A responsible administration would have acted immediately, and no, I don't consider a written statement "condemning" the attacks action! I consider that cowardice and faithlessness! And don't even ask me about the apology one of the embassies issued regarding a blooming YOUTUBE VIDEO they had nothing to do with! (For that matter, do you see Christians rioting in the streets every time someone defames or badmouths their religion? HOW ABOUT SOME SOCIETAL MATURITY AND OPEN-MINDEDNESS, ARAB MUSLIMS?!)  Action is threats--powerful, frightening threats that WILL be carried out exactly as enumerated. I would be happy with a flattening of Benghazi, but I'm willing to meet President Obama halfway if he favors a more moderate but still butt-kicking approach. It's only been one day, I'll hold out before verbally castigating him further, and give him the chance to pleasantly surprise citizen Watkins, but I would feel to have sinned if I didn't hop on here today and express my extreme disappointment at this administration's poor handling of the events and my thirst for justice to be done--not just in the name of the murdered, but in the name of those yet living so that they might not be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment